Places of Interest to visit include The Eden Project, The Lost Gardens of Heligan, The National Maritime Museum in Falmouth, The Tate St Ives, The Seal Sanctuary, the cathedral city of Truro and many more. It is ideally placed to visit further afield in Cornwall for example – Cornwall’s north coast line is less than half an hours drive away and one can sample the delights of restaurants like Fifteen and Rick Stein’s and experience the surfing beaches.
A local bus service runs regularly to Truro from Portloe.
- There are a number of excellent restaurants and inns in the area including The Lugger, The Ship Inn, The New Inn at Veryan, the Nare Hotel overlooking Carne Beach, the The Driftwood Hotel in Rosevine and the Hotel Tresanton in St Mawes.
- Varied walks to be taken in the Roseland – both coastal and inland.
- The beaches of Carne and Pendower are close by where you can enjoy swimming and exploring the rockpools.
- There are opportunities for sailors of all kinds on the waters of the estuaries and open sea.
- For art lovers the many galleries in the area are well worth a visit.
- Beautiful famous gardens including Trelissick, Trebah Garden and Glendurgan should not be missed.